how to talk to a 12 year-old boy about puberty
Talking to a 12 year-old boy about puberty can be a challenging but important conversation to have.
Here are some tips for how to approach the topic:
- Start by letting the boy know that you are available to answer any questions he may have about the changes his body will go through during puberty.
- Be open and honest in your answers, and provide factual information about the physical and emotional changes that can happen during puberty.
- Encourage the boy to ask questions and express any concerns he may have.
- Let the boy know that it’s normal to feel confused or overwhelmed by the changes that happen during puberty, and encourage him to talk about his feelings with you or another trusted adult.
- Provide resources and materials, such as books or websites, that can provide more detailed information about puberty.
- Let the boy know that it’s important to take care of his body during puberty, including practicing good hygiene, getting regular exercise, and eating a healthy diet.
- Remind the boy that everyone goes through puberty at their own pace, and that it’s important to be patient and kind to himself and others during this time.
It’s important to approach the conversation in a non-judgmental and supportive way, and to provide accurate and age-appropriate information.
By being open and honest, you can help the boy feel more comfortable and prepared for the changes that will happen during puberty.
Be the first to comment