Is my child a perfectionist
It’s normal for children to want to do their best and to take pride in their achievements.
However, perfectionism can become a problem if it leads to excessive stress, anxiety, or difficulty completing tasks. Some signs that a child may be struggling with perfectionism include:
- Setting excessively high standards for themselves and others
- Being overly critical of their own and others’ work
- Having difficulty completing tasks because they feel they must be perfect
- Being overly concerned with making mistakes
- Feeling overwhelmed or anxious about meeting their high standards
If you think your child may be struggling with perfectionism, it can be helpful to talk with a mental health professional.
They can assess your child’s behavior and help you determine the best course of action.
Be the first to comment